Thursday 15 January 2009

just started reading atlus shrugged, figured it was one of those books you kind of have to read, and I'd be laughing at the ridiculousness of the incompetent businessmen riddled throughout the businesses in the book along with the obvious attempts to use other people's money to save their own asses if it wasn't *exactly* what was happening to our economy right now.

I mean really. It's a step away from reading an article on the current government bailouts.

Eh, anyway.

School is finally about to start and I'm almost counting the days.

Not for this semester, although it should be fun, but because like awaiting a final, a shot, or some momentous news I really feel that I'd like to cut to the chase and get on with it already.

By that I mean that I'd like to graduate and start living my life.

I never wanted to be defined by where I live, who I know, who supports me, or anything that exists outside myself unless I actively chose it to do so.

But soon, and for the first time, I will be able to push myself into a void where all umbilical cords can be cut with impunity.

Perhaps I will float there without being able to reconnect to anything or one.

But that seems unlikely, and if it will be the case temporarily then that's okay too.

I feel cautiously optimistic about the whole thing.

(pictures today are mostly meh studies, but the orange piece is drawn from a jill greenberg photo. So... ®©™ to her I guess.)





1 comment:

lobese said...

i love jill greenberg. did i tell u i met her? we had wine. she was nice.