Sunday 13 July 2008

In complete opposition to my previous posts about work and sacrifice, the last few days have been been saturated with clubbing, dancing, and general sociability.

I give myself a break because it's the summer, but at the same time I'm thankful I've got my job at the eds lab. No matter what else, I can rely on that to force me to sit in an un-air conditioned room and stare at my tablet screen until I start drawing.

phew.

Anyways, I've also come to the conclusion that I can really only bring myself to enjoy myself in a dancing situation when I absolutely know that nobody else gives a shit what I do or how I do it.

To be honest most of the time people probably don't care really either, but the important thing is how aware I am of them or not.

Dancing... is fun.

In the right environment, with the right people, with the right mindset.

Thank you lesbian woman who I have forgotten the name of but who I remember fondly... you taught me something that everyone else had failed at doing.

Oh~

also my comic is finally coming underway. Again.

I've written the first five pages up, starting story-boarding the first two, and actually feel like I'm making some mental progress as well.

I've made very silly names for my characters that I'll probably end up changing...

but, I mean, I don't have to either. Silly names can work if they fit the characters well enough. Hell, silly names can be more memorable than normal ones.

yeah.

so there.

anyways, I only have a feeble offering of doodles to offer you today...

but!

I'll also give you a link to a guy I don't know except in a sort of strange internet "we both go to the same site" kind of way.

But I love love love his work. Man. Totally gonna make my own shit look crappier. oh well.

http://gratuitouscandy.blogspot.com/

(oh, and dan, that's molly wearing iron man's helmet as a hat. it was a request. haha...)


No comments: