Wednesday 6 August 2008

Back!

Canada was awesome.

Seeing some old old friends and some old friends and some new friends, dancing on a crazy all night dj boat with 700 other people, drinking *delicious* home made beer, eating some great french foods and some great not so french foods, spending inordinate amounts of canadian dollars on alcohol of various kinds, and in general just enjoying the last few days quite a bit.

Hell I even got some reflectin' time in!

And I've come to the conclusion that this summer has probably been my most productive/worthwhile summer so far.

Now that's not to say I haven't had summers before where I've enjoyed myself quite a bit, or summers where I haven't done more "work" (ha).

But I feel like I've gotten actual growth out of this summer in a social, mental, and even technical way.

I don't know why exactly, I guess a variety of reasons, but this time I was motivated to do things the way I felt I wanted to, and for once that wasn't just sleeping in as late as I could get away with.

All I can say is that this next year is going to be *thumbs up*.

also.

My brain is finally making sense to me again.

More than ever before maybe?

Ah well, a few more years and I'll absolutely be able to see if what makes sense now is a real truth and not just a beautiful fake one.

And although the cynic in me might feel that all things will probably fail, it's not like life can't be fuckawesome right?

:D




1 comment:

lobese said...

harry! these are creepy! just like u! jk jk. but i'm glad you had fun in canada. mmm french food and beer. i can't wait to get back and catch up with u guys! 3 more weeks!